Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope this finds all of my friends and family spending a day of peace, thankfullness and good food! Our guest list for dinner today has changed due to the bad weather we have had. We added seven family members who had planned on traveling elsewhere til it stormed. Our oldest son, Rory and his wife, Emily and our three grandkids were coming here but the weather shut that down too.
However, we do have a big ol' turkey cooking, homemade rolls rising, pies, cranberries and other good stuff, no matter who shows up for Thanksgiving dinner!
The sun is shining brightly on the 5 inches of snow we have although it is only 2F right now. It is glorious looking out the window, but bitter cold out there with the wind blowing. Doug is feeding cows today and I bet each bunch has been glad to see him come with the feed truck!
Today, I am thankful for the life I lead. For the wonderful man who showed up in the vet clinic on evening and then awhile later married me. He has made life so good for me! I am thankful for my two sons, who have made me proud. I am thankful for all of the love and support they have given me for so long. I am thankful that they both live nearby. I am thankful for the joy they have brought to my life from the second they were born and still bring now!
I'm thankful for my smart daughter-in-law, Emily, who loves my son and is a good mom to my grandkids! I am so ever thankful for Haley Ryan and her love, Owen Boone and the things he does that make us laugh. and for Connor Declan for the smiles he brings. I am thankful to be their Grammy.
I am thankful to live in the most beautiful place God could have placed me. I'm thankful for a husband who lets me be a full partner in our ranch without a thought. I'm thankful for lots of hay this summer, good cattle and just ranching.
I'm thankful for my friends who live all over. Some I seldom see and others I see often. Regardless of where they live or how long I have known them, they are a very important part of my life. They have dried my tears, calmed my fears. They have cheered me on and told me to think. I love the fun times we have had and the thoughts we've shared.
I'm thankful for my in-laws who all made me feel a part of the family from the start. They are all good people, and I am glad I can claim them.
I'm thankful for my church and pastor. They fill a large part of my life like nothing else does. I'm thankful for the small communities that are a part of my life also.
I'm thankful to live in the United States of America, enough said there!
Finally, me being me, I am thankful for my dogs, Miles, Boyd, Hope and Vesta. Miles has been at my side thru thick and thin for 10 years. Each of these dogs are awesome friends and working partners. I'm thankful for my horses, especially Denny. I am thankful that the anxiety and depression problems that kept me from riding for awhile are better and I can enjoy riding once again. Denny was patient thru it all and I am thankful he came into my life when he did!
Looking at this, I am a very blessed person, family, health, friends, where I live. Thank you, God, for all of this!

Clip art courtsey of The Graphics Fairy-http://www.graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Yes, you are truly blessed. The turkey card is very cute.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours today.

~Lisa

Crystal said...

Happy Thanksgiving, you have a lot to be thankful for!

Sarah said...

This was a beautiful Thanksgiving post! Thank you for sharing it and all that you have to be thankful for! I am thankful for you and your blog! I enjoy it so much!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful! I have enjoyed coming to visit you here on your blog and I always appreciate your comments on mine..thanks for being a friend! :)

Janice Grinyer said...

Oh it sounds like Thanksgiving was still wonderful, even with the minus temps!