Friday, December 31, 2010

Sunday Stills Best of 2010

I had a horrible time choosing my best photos of 2010. So, I just picked some of my favorites and that got to be a hard chore too! I know I missed some other good photos among all of them I took in the past year.



This June 26 thunderstorm had hail and a funnel cloud with it.
Moving cows over east Sept. 2010


Hittin' the waterhole. Sept.2010
Hayrake at rest. June 2010

Owen helping his dad, Rory and Uncle Cody setting panels for branding day, May 17, 2010.


"Medora Mules" or You've got our attention now". Taken at Medora, North Dakota, May 2010.



New grandson, Connor Declan two days old. June 17, 2010.

"Out in Twin Buttes"  This was Badger's first ride in our Twin Buttes pasture
when we were gathering pairs in June. Hope was along too to help us. My husband
was so tickled with how this little horse did that day!

Purple coneflower on the edge of the badlands. I took this photo when I was swathing hay in July 2010.
Signs of an early winter. Novemeber 2010 at one of our ponds.

Haley and Denny pushing cows in October 2010.

20 comments:

Sharmin said...

I love all your photos, it's such a beautiful place. I guess I should post a few more from our little farm.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Judy! Happy New Year! All these are really good..I really like them all for different reasons..the first one shows the intensity in the clouds, it is a great shot..and then the pond at sunset is just beautiful. I also liked the ones with your "Grands" and the Mules made me laugh out loud.. well done! :)

Linda said...

You did good! I love all of them but the rake pic stands out the most. The green this time of year doesn't hurt much either. Happy New Year!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oh my goodness! All your photos are gorgeous....of course, living in a beautiful place such as you do, it's no surprise. YOur photography is great, too. If I had to choose my favorites, it would be the Hay Rake because it's like a piece of art. And I'd choose the Coneflower because I love how it's the centerpiece in such a vast landscape and looks o fragile, but isn't.
And I also have to choose that Signs of Winter on the pond photo...it just takes my breath away.

Lots of very special memories in this post for you, I'm sure. :)

~Lisa

Rambling said...

Great photos. Happy New Year to you!

Crystal said...

Wow beautiful photos, I love the frost on the pond and the spring storm.

gtyyup said...

It IS hard pickin' which ones!! Well done though. Happy New Year to you and yours~

Unknown said...

love the pool! Fantastic colour and texture

Shirley said...

All the photos are so representative of your lifestyle. For sheer beauty, the icy pond; the mules are wonderful, the thunderstorm is downright scary/beautiful, but overall I like the second photo best.

Ed said...

WOW! Great shots, I have to admit I like the hayrake the best..:-)
Happy New Year..

colleen said...

Beautiful shots. The first is amazing.

Anonymous said...

ALL very nice shots.I think they would all be frameable. :)

thecrazysheeplady said...

Holy Cow - that first shot is incredible!

Lori Skoog said...

Beautiful shots...very hard to pick the best one.

5 Starr's Farm said...

WOW !!! I'm glad you didn't choose just one.

All Great Shots

Regular Guy said...

Nice shots, Happy New Year.

Sarah G said...

Fantastic shots! Looks like you had a really productive year! :D
The sunset shot in November is fantastic. I'm a real big sucker for sunsets. :P

Brenda said...

They are all fantastic. Love Moving Cows, Owen helping and Haley pushing cows! Love kids and horses!

Esther Garvi said...

My favourite was the one with the mules! They are beautiful!!

DayPhoto said...

Love them all! You are very good with the camera. A story of your year! Make a calendar they are very good.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com