Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunday Stills "Potluck"

Photos from a foggy late August morning. Not only was it pretty,
it was nice and cool! This morning on Sept. 4, it was nice and clear when we got up and even cooler than August 30 when these photos were shot. Our overnight low was 33.5F at 6:30 a.m. with sunny skies. Down on the creek bottom my husband saw frost on the grass. Fall is coming!



I treated this bull for foot rot using our dartgun that morning. To answer the question you might be thinking (or maybe not!)....No, that is not a target on his hip that I missed! It is the number zero for being born in 2010. If it had been a target, I wouldn't have missed it. I don 't miss!

I am always reminded of the photos of rhinos in Africa that are of a rhino with a bird on it's back when I see the birds who hang with the cattle. Rhino or Angus cow, they found a way for an easy meal of the bugs the big critters stir up!

Change of pace, photos of some of my flowers from my yard that I played with this week.




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool shots..:-)

Jennifer - Gypsy Mare Studios said...

Beautiful shots. Love the barn photo.

Anonymous said...

I always love that barn shot! No matter how you get it, I love it! But I always think of Africa when there are birds on cows too! I thought I was the only one!

Crystal from Ranchriding

Jake said...

I reallly like the barn shot.

2browndawgs said...

Beautiful pictures. I especially like the first two foggy pictures.

Michaele said...

Treating a bull with a dart gun. Ingenious!

Denise said...

Gorgeous pictures. Especially the barn.

RURAL said...

Loving the cows!!! Gotta get me some cow shots.

Lovely.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great shots..love the foggy mornings..and your flowers are very pretty:)